UltraSonophoresis allows for the faster absorption of active skincare ingredients into the skin. The powerful UltraSonophoresis (Infusion) technology utilises low frequency ultrasound that has been shown to increase transdermal penetration of various ingredients up to 1,000 times than that achieved with other application methods.
How does it work
Low frequency ultrasound technology is the secret weapon behind achieving optimum results. Adopted for use in treatments, it creates a more porous surface on your face, allowing active ingredients from our skincare products to permeate the deeper levels of our skin, a process known as transdermal transport.
It does this via the use of ultrasound waves at a resonance of 20 KHz (20,000 cycles per second), which creates tiny bubbles or pockets in the skin’s lipid layer. These newly formed spaces are then quickly filled with your facial product before they close, allowing the vibrations from the ultrasound to propel ingredients deeper into your skin’s layers where they can move through your intact living skin and into your soft tissue to be most effective. Repeated waves targeting an area create more bubbles for even more benefits and better results.
Microdermabrasion is an effective treatment for the face and body treatment may be offered in conjunction with light peels and the UltraSonophoresis device.
- The results a visible improvement in the evenness and hydration of skin.
- UltraSonophoresis can be used in conjunction with many other treatments to improve their efficacy.
- Assists with depigmentation
Advise your clinician if you:
- Have waxing in the treatment area
- Have a sunburn or have used a solarium recently
- Use depilatory creams
- Recently had a chemical peel or enzyme peel
- Recently had Laser or IPL
- Recently had cosmetic tattooing of the treatment area.
What to expect
- Mild to moderate redness which is usually resolved within one to two days
- Hypersensitivity which is usually resolved within one to two days
- Well hydrated skin
Post treatment care
- If you have combined this treatment with a peel avoid use of products with active ingredients AHA (Glycolic Acid) and BHA (Salicylic Acid) skincare and
- Avoid scrubs for the first one to two days
- Wear SPF 50+ daily
We recommend for optimum results are achieved with an initial course of four to six treatments with a space of two weeks apart.
After the initial course we recommend monthly maintenance treatments to main the best possible results.
- Has rosacea
- Has eczema, dermatitis, or severe telangiectasia on treatment area
- Has a healing tattoo on treatment area
- Is currently taking or has taken isotretinoin in the past 12 weeks
- Has sunburn
- Is a long-term user of cortisone?
- Has had anti-wrinkle injections within the past 2 weeks
- Dermal filler injections within the past 2 weeks
- Cystic Acne
- Has been on Roaccutane in the last six months
- If you are unsure, contact our clinic
Combination Ultrasound and Microdermabrasion $135
Combination Ultrasound Microdermabrasion& Lactic Acid $170
Add on LED light therapy $50.00
Add on Oxygen and Hyaluronic Acid infusion $ 55.00