Collagen Rejuvenation and Skin Tightening treatment
PDO Mono Thread treatment is designed to tighten and thicken the skin. Mono Threads differ from thread lifts which use long barbed threads to lift tissues, however they can still provide an improvement of fine lines and wrinkles by gradually stimulating natural collagen production.
Bruising if it occurs, not in everyone can take 7-10 days
PDO Mono Threads is made from a material called Polydioxanone which is an absorbable single PDO filament that are smooth and without barbs.
PDO Mono Threads are inserted int the skin with a needle, after the threads are inserted into the skin, the threads activate collagen synthesis to gradually tighten and rejuvenate the skin for 6 to 12 months after your procedure. Whilst Mono threads tighten the skin it is important to note that they do not lift the skin, mono threads assist with adding volume to skin by its dual action of tightening and activation of the collagen within the skin. The threads are absorbed by the body and are replaced by increased collagen strands that become the natural support structure of the face or any other treatment area. Mono threads are minimally invasive and do not require an incision.
What areas can PDO Threads be used to treat?
The threads can be used to treat the following areas:
- Upper and lower cheeks
- Forehead and brows
- Neck and jawline
- Nose to mouth lines
- Marionette lines
Anyone. It can be done as a treatment for a suitably volumised patient who needs tightening or or skin improvement, or as a preventive procedure to prevent the face from sagging
How Long does the treatment last?
Results may be seen in 6 weeks and will continue to improve over 2 to 6 months. While the threads slowly dissolve, their effects may last up to 12 months.
This will depend on the number of threads.
Typically a full face of threads requires about 30-45 min
What happens during a PDO Thread Treatment?
Topical anaesthetic is applied to the treatment area. The PDO Threads are inserted using a micro-needle or a cannula. There is no incision and subsequently, no stitches required.
Treatments sessions typically take between 30 to 60 minutes. The procedure must also be provided by a medical professional who has been fully trained.
Swelling for 48 hours
Bruising if it occurs, not in everyone- 7 days
How do they differ from barbed threads?
PDO threads differ from thread lifts, which use long barbed threads to lift tissues. Instead, mono threads provide an improvement of fine lines and wrinkles by gradually stimulating natural collagen production.
There are two different types of Threads:
- Mono Threads. Mono Threads are a type of single PDO filament which are smooth and made without barbs. They are inserted into the skin in a mesh-like pattern, producing a tightening effect. While Mono Threads tighten the skin, they provide no lifting effect.
- Double Screw Threads. Screw Threads feature a double thread screw, consisting of 1-2 intertwined threads, which provide volume to the area being treated.
- Allergic or hypersensitivity to lidocaine, amide-type local anaesthetics and strep type-A gram-positive bacterial proteins
- Currently has an active skin infection, cold sores, sunburn, eczema, psoriasis, or a healing wound
- Currently has an infection or has flu, cold and sinus symptoms with a high temperature.
- Has had major dental work in the past four weeks, or scheduled in the next four weeks
- Has a history of hypertrophic / keloid scarring
- Is pregnant or breastfeeding
- Is under 18 years of age
- Has had major facial surgery for example rhinoplasty, the client will need to provide written authorisation from their surgeon
At anytime if you are unsure contact our clinic for further advice
Post Treatment Care
Please do not apply oil-based moisturiser or makeup for the next 24 hours. After that, apply your makeup gently for five days.
- When applying makeup, do not use brushes / sponges for two days due to cleanliness of the brush / sponge.
- Avoid facial contact with animals or their coats for one week to ensure cleanliness.
- Ice may be applied to soothe area of treatment.
- Bruising is to be expected, but can be variable from minimal to severe. Hirudoid or Arnica Cream can be used to assist in resolution.
- Please sleep on your back and elevate your head for the first three nights.
- Please do not have any facials or face massages for three weeks.
- There may be mild tenderness in the treated area for approximately one week.
- If you experience a ‘ping’ sensation where the threads have been placed, massage for 2–3 seconds.
- Avoid strenuous contact sports for three weeks.
- Avoid exaggerated facial movements like chewing, talking or yawning for three weeks. You may move your face in a normal fashion.
- No dental surgery for four weeks.
- Avoid saunas or heat treatments for three weeks.
- Do not have heat treatments (RF / Laser) in the area of the threads for three months.
- In the very rare instance that you experience any thread extrusion after your treatment, simply pull the thread out and disregard.
Results can be expected in 8–12 weeks
Varies from $550