Microdermabrasion is a pain-free in-clinic treatment that provides advanced exfoliation, removing dead skin cells to improve the skin’s overall tone, texture, and radiance.
This treatment removes dead skin cells and increases cellular turnover leaving the skin looking more radiant and youthful.
How does it work
Microdermabrasion on the face and body improves the overall look, feel, texture and tone of the skin and helps products penetrate more easily.
Microdermabrasion also improves the appearance of pigmentation, enlarged pores, blackheads, whiteheads, oily skin and even softens acne scarring.
The core principle of the diamond tip microdermabrasion system is that the it is a hand held diamond wand which is with natural diamond chips, the wands gently abrades the skin while at the same time an adjustable vacuum lifts dead skin cells in a sterile and controlled manner.
Microdermabrasion is an effective treatment for the face and body and may be offered in conjunction with light peels and the UltraSonophoresis device.
- Overall skin tone and clarity
- Recent acne scars
- Other minor scars
- Oily, congested skins
- Fine lines
- Dull, sallow skin
- Open pores
Advise your clinician if you:
- Have waxing in the treatment area
- Have a sunburn or have used a solarium recently
- Use depilatory creams
- Recently had a chemical peel or enzyme peel
- Recently had Laser or IPL
- Recently had cosmetic tattooing of the treatment area.
What to expect
- Mild to moderate redness which is usually resolved within one to two days
- Mild breakout which is usually resolved within one to two days
- Hypersensitivity which is usually resolved within one to two days
Post Treatment Care
- Avoid use of products with active ingredients AHA (Glycolic Acid) and BHA (Salicylic Acid) skincare and
- Avoid scrubs for the first one to two days
- Wear SPF 50+ daily
- We recommend for optimum results are achieved with an initial course of four to six treatments with a space of two weeks apart.
- After the initial course we recommend monthly maintenance treatments to main the best possible results.
- Has rosacea
- Has eczema, dermatitis, or severe telangiectasia on treatment area
- Has a healing tattoo on treatment area
- Is currently taking or has taken isotretinoin in the past 12 weeks
- Has sunburn
- Is a long-term user of cortisone?
- Has had anti-wrinkle injections within the past 2 weeks
- Dermal filler injections within the past 2 weeks
- Cystic Acne
- Has been on Roaccutane in the last six months
- If you are unsure, contact our clinic
Express Microdermabrasion $55 no treatment serums or masks applied in clinic
Medical Microdermabrasion $95 (Includes treatments serums,treatment moisturiser and mask)
Combination Micodermabrasion and ultrusonophoresis $135
Combinationation Micodermabrasion and peel from $135 (excluding Azyme Peel)
Combination Medical Microdermabrasion /peel/UltraSonophoresis $170
Package of 6 available at 20% discount applicable to customised treatments
Add on LED light therapy $50.00
Add on Oxygen and Hyaluronic Acid infusion $ 55.
Customised packages available based on consultation