MANDELIC ACID PEEL – To Clarify and Decongest
- Breakout Clearing Treatment
- Radiance and Brightening Treatment for Pigmentation
Mandelic Acid Peel utilises AHA’s to quickly decongest, clarify and help control oil production tailored to treat your skin concern.
With the anti -ageing ingredient Niacinamide and potent antioxidant Clove Oil, this peel improves surface congestion and reduces inflammation. The Mandelic peel is suitable for pigmented and blotchy skin types. This peel is used to treat problematic congested skin with tailored treatment customised to specific skin needs.
What is it and how does it work?
The Mandelic Acid Peel is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) that in its natural source is derived from bitter almonds. AHAs are designed to soften the bonds that hold dead skin cells together removing the dead outermost layer of the skin. This will reveal the new fresh skin cells and encourage new cells to be exposed. Mandelic Acid Peel utilities a blend of Mandelic Acid, Niacinamide and Clove Oil to provide the perfect combination of active ingredients to help treat a variety of concerns.
Suitable skin type and concern
The Mandelic Acid Peel is designed for mainly oily, combination skin types concerned with congestion and acne breakouts. It is also suitable for concerns with pigmentation. Mandelic Acid has also been shown to be effective to refine large pores.
- Assists to decongest clogged pores and acne prone skin
- Anti-inflammatory due to two main active ingredients Niacinamide and Clove Oil – a cleansing antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredient
- Maintains oil production
- Lightens blemishes
Contraindications to this treatment
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Sensitivity to Retinol
- Herpes simplex (cold sores)
- Recent facial surgery
- Eczema or Dermatitis
- Skin cancer
- Cancer or radiation therapy
- Open wound
- Has been on Roaccutane in the last 6 months
What to expect
- Skin may appear flushed and feel tight for several days
- Variable, ranging from no visible peeling to a light flaking of skin between days 2-7 after the peel.
- Some breakout may be expected with initial treatments and indicates positive progress
Post and Aftercare
- Avoid use of products with active ingredients AHA (Glycolic Acid) and BHA (Salicylic Acid) skincare and
- Avoid scrubs for the first one to two days
- Wear SPF 50+ daily
- Use recommended skin care products